Summary on Scope & Opportunities of Real Estate Industries in Extended Dhaka
Dhaka is the Capital city of Bangladesh. This is also the largest & most populated city in the country and it is also one of the most populated cities in the world. About all types of government offices & maximum private company’s headquarters are situated in Dhaka metro area. The largest & most famous educational institutes, Health services providers, Hospitals & multi-national company’s offices are situated in the Dhaka city.
Dhaka’s 2020 population is now estimated at 21,005,860. In 1950, the population of Dhaka was 335,760. Dhaka has grown by 3,408,683 since 2015, which represents a 3.60% annual change. These population estimates and projections come from the latest revision of the UN World Urbanization Prospects. These estimates represent the Urban agglomeration of Dhaka, which typically includes Dhaka’s population in addition to adjacent suburban areas.
Dhaka is a diverse city located in central Bangladesh along the Buriganga River. Not only is it the capital city, but it is also the largest in the country. In 2016, the population was 18.237 million in the Greater Dhaka Area.
City Size and Population Density: It is one of the most densely populated areas in the world, with a density of 23,234 people per square kilometre within a total area of 300 square kilometres.
Dhaka Demographics: Dhaka and the municipalities that make up the Greater Dhaka area have a total population of over 18 million, and the city has shown a population growth of about 4.2% annually. The vibrant culture and thousands of Bangladeshi businesses and international corporations have contributed to migration and population growth. However, like many other metropolises in the world, the growing population has led to an increase in pollution, congestion, and poverty, among other problems.
Islam is the dominant religion in Dhaka, with 90% of the population identifying as Muslim. Most Muslims are Sunni, and Ahmadiyya and Shia make up the remainder of the 90%. Hinduism is the second most practiced religion, and Christianity and Buddhism are considered minority religions practiced by some city dwellers.
The primary language in Dhaka is Bengali, with English being the second most primarily used language. The literacy rate of the city has been increasing over the years, rising from 69.2% in 2001 to 74.6% in 2011.
Labor Force: A large number of city dwellers labor force work in the household or unorganized labor, while a substantial portion (approximately 800,000) work in the textile industry, as Dhaka’s garments exporting topped over 19 billion dollars in 2013. Approximately 23% of the population was unemployed according to data from 2013, with an estimated 34% of households living below the poverty line.
On the other hand, from the higher to medium educated people are working as employment in public & private sectors. A lot of people are doing several types of business including materials, non-materials products, intellectual services, IT services along with other products. The industrialist & higher-class corporate bodies also living in Dhaka city.
Life Expectancy: The average life expectancy is 70.4 years according to 2013 data from the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics, which reflected a significant increase from 2009’s 67.2 years average. The average life expectancy for males is 68.8, up from 66.1 in 2009, and for females, the number rose from 68.7 to 71.2.
Dhaka Population Growth: Migration from rural areas of the country to urban Dhaka is an active contributor to the population growth. This rural migration accounted for 60% population growth throughout the era of 1960 and 1970. While this growth has slowed since that time, Dhaka continues to show steady growth, with estimates placing the 2020 population at almost 21 million, while 2030 may see as many as 27.3 million residents. The fast-growing population has already put tremendous stress on the city, as evidenced by its high rates of poverty, and future concerns include increasing congestion, a higher percentage of unemployment and inadequate infrastructure.
Population change scenario in Dhaka city
New Extended Area of Dhaka City : The government is going to more than double the area of the two Dhaka city corporations through inclusion of 16 nearby unions. Total 178.75 sq. km would be added to the two city corporations — 114.58 sq. km to the DNCC and 64.17 sq. km to the DSCC. Beraid, Badda, Bhatara, Satarkul, Horirampur, Uttarkhan, Dakkhinkhan and Dumni would be included in the DNCC while Shyampur, Matuail, Demra, Dania, Sarulia, Dakkhingaon, Nasirabad and Manda in the DSCC.
New Projects of Rajuk
- Jhelmil Residential Area: This housing project is located at keranigonj across the Burigonga River. The project area comprises of 381.11 acres of land. There will be about 1774 residential plots and 13720 apartments for lower- and middle-income group with available necessary infrastructure and urban services. The project is situated at a distance of 2(two) KM west of China-Bangladesh friendship bridge over the Burigonga river beside the Dhaka-Mawa road at keranigonj upazila, District-Dhaka. The project area comprise of 160 acres of land. Total Building 85 nos. and Total flats 13720 nos. Three categories apartments building will be constructed. It will be implemented by PPP method by private partner BNG Global ltd SDN Malaysia.
- Purbachal New Town Project: This is the biggest Planned township in the country. The Project area comprise of about 6150 acres land located in between the Shitalakhya and the Balu River at Rupgonj thana of Narayangonj district and at Kaligonj Thana of Gazipur district, in the north-eastern side of Dhaka. The Township will be linked with 8(eight) lane wide express way from the Airport Road/Progati swarani crossing. The distance is only 6.8 km. There will be provision of about 26,000 residential plots of different sizes, 62,000 apartments with all necessary infrastructure and urban facilities. RAJUK intends to plan and develop the area as self-contained New Township with all modern facilities and opportunities.38.74% land used for Residential ,25.9% for Road ,6.41% for Administrative and Commercial ,3.2% for Institution and Industrial Park ,6.6% for urban Green and Open spaces , 7.1% for Lakes and canals ,2.5% for sports, 6% for Education, Health and Social Infrastructure.
“Purbachal New Town Project” is situated at Rupgonj thana of Narayangonj district and Kaligonj thana of Gazipur district in between river Balu and Sitalakhya at a distance of 16 KM from zero point of Dhaka. The revised project implementation period is July, 1995 to June, 2018. The total area of the Project is 6150 acres which is divided into 30 sectors. Development works have been going on in 4500 acres (Narayangonj part) since 2002-2003 fiscal year and in rest 1500 acres (Gazipur part) development works have been started from January, 2013.
- Uttara Phase-2: Uttara phase-2 is the second extended project of RAJUK. Total 4 sectors consisted with this project. Uttara sector 11 to sector-14 area is known as the second phase of Uttara Model Town Project.
- Uttara Phase -3: Uttara phase-3 is the third extended project of RAJUK. Total 3 sectors consisted with this project. Uttara sector 15 to sector-17 area is known as the second phase of Uttara Model Town Project. It is located on the western side of the Uttara Model Town (2nd Phase) Project. It is bounded on the south by the Mirpur Cantonment and west by the Flood Protection Embankment through Mirpur-Ashulia.
Project of Bashundhara Group:
Bashundhara River View Project: This project is the private initiative of Bashundhara Group. River view Land project has been developed on three thousand (approx.) acres of land at Hasnabad, Keranigonj nearer the capital to provide well-planned housing facilities for the people of old Dhaka. We are offering some blocks named A, B, C, D, E, F, G at this project. Block A, B, C is already developed and D, E, F, G is under process for developing. School, College, Hospital, Medical College, Convention center and other city amenities is restored within the project.
- Nearer to wide 4 lane Dhaka-Mawa highway;
- Newly planned new generation city with modernity and natural clarity;
- Road network of 20 to 50 feet wide within the project;
- Easy access from Buriganga bridge;
- Only 10-15 minutes journey from the center of the capital.
All types of civil facilities including mosques, schools, colleges, schools, hospitals, police outposts, shopping complexes, banks, ATMs will be included in the project.
For More Details on Market Insights in Real Estate Industries in Bangladesh and Conducting Market Research on Relevant Industry, Please Contract below…..
Data & Information Sources: Market Research on Real Estate Industries in Bangladesh-2020. Conducted by PRITI Research & Consultancy Limited.
All right reserve @ PRITI